Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

DOING THE WILL OF THE FATHER



 

 Let us read Matthew 7:21-23 and see if we can isolate a crucial factor that determines whether all worship is acceptable to God. Jesus said: “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons [wicked spirit creatures] in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.”
 

 Acknowledging Jesus Christ as Lord is essential in true worship. But something would be missing in the worship of many of those claiming to be Jesus’ disciples. He said that some would perform “powerful works,” such as supposed miraculous healings. However, they would fail to do what Jesus said is vital. They would not be “doing the will of [his] Father.” If we want to please God, we must learn what the will of the Father is and then do it.

Why not check the Scriptures here?

 

BIBLE ON LINE

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers

Weather

About Me

My photo
Christian view the Bible as the inspired Word of God, absolute truth, beneficial for teaching and disciplining mankind.