Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jehovah's Name


Jehovah's Name
Long ago when I was young
And learning from my parent's tongue
I came to know of many things
To know the joy that learning brings.

I learned the origin of man.
I learned just how it all began.
I knew of mighty men of fame
But I didn't know God had a name.

As time passed by, my knowledge grew.
There seemed no end to things.
I knew the alphabet now came alive.
I knew my numbers well past five.

I learned of people and their acts.
I learned great scientific facts.
I knew of Christ who healed the lame
But didn't know God had a name.

One day a stranger spoke to me
And told me where to find the key
To knowledge of eternal life
Devoid of illness, pain and strife.

I listened to this humble man
As he unfolded God's great plan.
He told me of the Kingdom's birth.
How men would beautify the earth.

He told of things I'd never read
I somewhat hesitantly said,
"Tell me please, does he have a name
This God of unsurpassing fame?"

He said "Would you please take the book
I hold here in my hands and look
Until you find Psalm 83
And then read verse 18 to me?"

Thus as I read "That men may know,"
I felt the tears begin to flow
For here before me I could see
The answer to this mystery.

"Jehovah" was his name I read
Yes, that is what the scripture said.
I thanked the man who came to share
And brought the answer to my prayer.

But now I pray I ne'er forget
That others haven't heard it yet.
So may I publicly proclaim
The knowledge of that mighty name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers

Weather

About Me

My photo
Christian view the Bible as the inspired Word of God, absolute truth, beneficial for teaching and disciplining mankind.