Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Never Resort to Devious Methods



 

 We cannot resort to devious means if we are to be counted among integrity keepers. (Read Proverbs 3:31-33.) Job said: “If I have walked with men of untruth, and my foot hastens to deception, he [Jehovah] will weigh me in accurate scales and God will get to know my integrity.” (Job 31:5, 6) Jehovah weighs all mankind in “accurate scales.” As in Job’s case, God uses his perfect standard of justice to measure our integrity as his dedicated servants.
 

 If we were to become devious or deceptive, we would not be maintaining our integrity to God. Integrity keepers have “renounced the underhanded things of which to be ashamed” and are not “walking with cunning.” (2 Cor. 4:1, 2) But what if we were devious in word or action, thus causing a fellow believer to petition God for help? 

Then, too bad for us! “To Jehovah I called in the distress of mine, and he proceeded to answer me,” sang the psalmist. “O Jehovah, do deliver my soul from false lips, from the tricky tongue.” (Ps. 120:1, 2) It is good to remember that God can look into our very depths, “testing out heart and kidneys” to determine whether we are genuine integrity keepers.—Ps. 7:8, 9.




Why not check the Scriptures here? 

BIBLE ON LINE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers

Weather

About Me

My photo
Christian view the Bible as the inspired Word of God, absolute truth, beneficial for teaching and disciplining mankind.