Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Always Trust in Jehovah


 

 We need to trust in God especially when we are depressed because our future seems bleak. Consider elderly Naomi, who lost her husband and her two sons to the enemy death. 

When she returned to Judah from Moab, she lamented: “Do not call me Naomi [“My Pleasantness,” ftn.]. Call me Mara [“Bitter,” ftn.], for the Almighty has made it very bitter for me. I was full when I went, and it is empty-handed that Jehovah has made me return. Why should you call me Naomi, when it is Jehovah that has humiliated me and the Almighty that has caused me calamity?”—Ruth 1:20, 21.
 

 Although Naomi was distressed, a careful reading of the book of Ruth shows that she kept on trusting in Jehovah. And how things changed for her! Naomi’s widowed daughter-in-law Ruth became the wife of Boaz and gave birth to a son. Naomi became the child’s nurse, and the account says: “The neighbor ladies gave it a name, saying: ‘A son has been born to Naomi.’ And they began to call his name Obed. He is the father of Jesse, David’s father.” (Ruth 4:14-17) 

When Naomi is resurrected to life on earth, she will learn that Ruth, who will also be there, became an ancestress of Jesus, the Messiah. (Matt. 1:5, 6, 16) Like Naomi, we cannot be sure of how negative situations will turn out. 

Therefore, let us always trust in God, just as we are admonished at Proverbs 3:5, 6: “Trust in Jehovah with all your heart and do not lean upon your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he himself will make your paths straight.”




Why not check the Scriptures here? 










BIBLE ON LINE








































No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers

Weather

About Me

My photo
Christian view the Bible as the inspired Word of God, absolute truth, beneficial for teaching and disciplining mankind.