Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

BALANCED VIEW OF WEALTH


BALANCED VIEW OF WEALTH

One day a wealthy family man took his son on a trip to the country so he could have his son see how poor country people lived.

They stayed a day and a night in a very humble farmhouse. At the end of the trip and back home the father asked: “What did you think of the trip, son?”

The son replied: “Very nice, Dad”.

“Did you notice their economic situation?”

“Yes”.

“What did you learn?”

The son replied: “I learned that we have one dog in the house and they have four. I learned that we have a fountain in the garden and they have a stream that has no end. I learned that we have imported lamps in the yard; they have the stars. I learned that our yard goes to the edge of our property; they have the entire horizon as their backyard”. At the end of the son’s reply the father was speechless. His son concluded: “Thank you Dad for showing me how poor we really are”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers

Weather

About Me

My photo
Christian view the Bible as the inspired Word of God, absolute truth, beneficial for teaching and disciplining mankind.