Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

POEM ,YOU WERE MY FRIEND


POEM ,YOU WERE MY FRIEND

My friend, I'm faced with judgment now,
and I feel that you're to blame, somehow
You knew of Jehovah and you knew of his truth
But you never showed me any proof

To work we walked, together each day
Yet never did you point me in the right way
You knew that my knowledge of Jehovah was quite slim
And I know you could have led me safely to him

I called you my friend and trusted in you
You told me of things that I never knew
You taught me to fish, to swim, and to skate
But news of God's Kingdom you didn't relate

We talked about cars, sports and things that were insignificant
But never a word concerning God or the things that were significant
You shared with me your food and your drink
But nothing spiritual to make me really think

You saw me work to earn my pay
You heard me joke, laugh and play
We would watch TV, 'til late at night
But not even once did you show me the light

Armageddon draws near, yes the nations are falling
Yet never once did you give me a warning
I stand all alone, with death at my gate
For this system is over and for me its too late

I cry out to God, "BUT I NEVER KNEW YOU!"
Yet, all these things, I could of had learned them from you

I loved you... Yes...I loved you... I did! ... For I called you "my friend"
For you were always the one on whom I would depend
And with my last words, as I go to my final end
I can really say that you were "NEVER" MY TRUE FRIEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

Followers

Weather

About Me

My photo
Christian view the Bible as the inspired Word of God, absolute truth, beneficial for teaching and disciplining mankind.